Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Sunday 19 December 2010

Music Magazine Contents Page

This contents page is a lot brighter however this hasn't come through on the photo I took of it. The three main colours (red, white, black) are used again and you can notice the band 'Kings Of Leon'  are also are wearing similar colours on their clothing. This contents page is overpowered by pictures and has little writing. However because the main picture takes up more than half of the page and it's very simple, you do notice the writing and you do read it. With my contents I'd prefer not to have a very large picture taking up most of the page. Firstly because the picture can't be too messy looking so it has to be simple which isn't very eye-catching like the other two covers.
The picture of Kings Of Leon is very simple, with not a lot of personality shown. The background links with their CD and music however I find the picture quite dull and uninteresting which is COMPLETELY different to the effect I want on mine! The poses their doing don't draw me in and I think that's a bad thing because personally I'm not intrigued by it and don't particularly want to read the magazine. Overall the layout of the page is very formal and it has a black and white theme with two of the pictures, but they're also using the colours red, white and black. I think this magazine will stand out to the big fans of Kings Of Leon however I wouldn't look at this contents page for inspiration for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment