Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Thursday 9 December 2010

Preliminary magazine

Firstly I had two pictures on the cover, however i changed this as having one creates a greater effect and makes it a lot more catching to the eye. After cutting, resizing, brightening and changing the contrast I finally finished the picture for the front cover. I then added the masthead and some stories onto the side to encourage a person to read it. Also I added a barcode, date and the word ‘FREE’ to sway the reader into picking the magazine up. I used three colours on both the front cover and contents page, purple, white and black. I wanted a white background to start with as this brightens the front cover immediately. Also because of the grey top in the photo I couldn't use colours that would contrast it as it would make it look 'messy'. I think the purple, black and white work well and I'm happy with that choice. :)
On the contents page I used two pictures and used them as the background for the page with the writing overtop. I then made a list of what is in the magazine along with page numbers. Overall I am reasonably happy with my how my magazine turned out. I struggled with using Photoshop as I haven’t used it a lot before. If I were to redo it, I would use a different picture and different fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment