Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Thursday 17 February 2011

Improvements

Feedback following the first drafts of my magazine's front cover, contents and double page spread.
An improvement point that I was given regarding my front cover was the main image. From a distance the main image looks fine, but when zoomed in, it is slightly obvious that the pixels are a bit too soft. The picture was taken with an SLR camera, so instead of taking the photo again with another camera I attempted to adjust the sharpness of the image. Below I have compared the adjusted image (on the right) to the original image (on the left), and I will ask for feedback on whether it's proven to be an advancement OR whether it could do with some more work to it. A particular area that needed adjusting was the eye area and I have slightly defined them more. You can also notice the more sharpness on the face area and also the hair. However I feel that the jacket area could still do with some more sharpening. 

























SECOND ATTEMPT
I feel that this is too sharp and looks too unrealistic and false.






SKIN TONES
Part of my feedback was changing the tone of the image. From looking at the print out of my front cover, it seems that the skin tone is slightly yellowy. Therefore I've used the dodge tool on photoshop and lightened the tone of the face. I did this following the sharpness change that I also did (as seen above). Below is the third part of the editing progress.



Above you can notice that I made the image slightly darker to even out skin tones after increasing the sharpness of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment