Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Thursday 16 December 2010

Magazine Inspiration - Photo on the cover

Whilst looking at different varieties of photoshoots, magazine covers and pictures online I've considered Laura Mulvey's Male Gaze. I've thought about how people may look at the photo on the cover and how I want people to look at the photo. I want the photo to show personality through the style of clothing and how they look (overall image) and i want it to link with the music genre. I want the viewer to be given a clear understanding of what the music genre of the magazine is and I want this to be made very obviously. Also i want to avoid only attracting people who are interested in the music genre...So i want to make sure the image also inspires to females who may want to look like this artist and therefore read about her and copy her image (which is the effect mostly all magazines have).

I've been looking at different types of magazines that reflect the personality i want to achieve in my photo.

The Beyonce cover portrays the 'effect' of how I want the model on my magazine cover to come across.
-Steady,
-focused,
-dominant
-yet stilll mysterious.
This will show that the artist and the music genre is daring (as there's not a lot of female artists that do dance genre music). It also relates to the artist being dominant and professional with what they do. It gives a sense that their proud of their music and their not the kind of artist that does the 'innocent' more 'kinder to the ears' music.


 The Kate Moss vogue cover reflects how I want the model's 'personality' to come across. In this photo it seems messy/crazy and outgoing which links with the 'dance' music genre. I want the model to be quite the 'partying' type and this photo cover reflects that.








The vogue cover with Scarlett reflects where i want 'emphasis' in the photo. The first thing that catches my eye in her lips as their bold and her face. I want this kind of look in my photo. You can either have emphasis on the eyes OR the lips otherwise it looks to messy and as the artist sings, I want the emphasis on her lips and mouth bringing the attraction towards them.







The Jennifer Aniston Vogue cover shows what kind of 'stance/pose' I want (whether I use it for my final idea or not). The pose is very natural and pretty which women will inspire to (I also want to achieve that effect) however the outfit makes it more mature and gives a sense of mischief too which is what I also want to achieve. I don't want the model to come across as too young and wild and I think this cover achieves the young but mature look well.














The two poses i'm focuses my ideas around at the moment is
-Invitational or
-
Chocolate Box

Both these poses can portray mischief and unique which links with the type of artist and music that i want to use.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment