Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Monday 31 January 2011

Front Cover Mock Ups




After completing my first mock ups, I found that my Photoshop skills have improved and I’m getting used to using it. However looking over what I’ve produced I’ve found that there are certain areas of improvement.First of all, something I dislike on all three covers is the font used for the 'Eve T' writing. I have used the same font on all of the covers. I feel that it looks as though it's out of place and doesn't merge in with the rest of the page and looks 'false'. I think it does fit in with the music genre; however the background image isn't the kind of style I want, I just focused on getting the poses that I want to use in my final shots.In the first cover, to improve it I would make the circle slightly bigger and move it further down the page (keeping it on the same side). This would uncover the face more, instead of hiding it. Also I would make 'This Month Hottest' bigger and move it further down the page. I quite like the colours that I’ve used however, because the image is black and white I think I need to make the colour of the text brighter, so that it would stand out more when on a shelf. Black and white colours tend to be missed, and I feel that the text is too dark and it needs to be more striking and bold.

On the second cover, other than the Eve T font there are also other areas that I feel could be improved. The image doesn't go but once again I was thinking about the pose and positioning on the page so that I could fit the writing around it. I also don't like the masthead 'SAMPLE'. It could be something to do with how it spreads across. I feel that 'Eve T' over powers the masthead and it looks a bit unprofessional. Similar to the first front cover, I would move the 'hottest' cover line further down the page, keeping it on the left hand side. I like the colours I’ve used and how they go well with the image but again, I think they would look better and more appealing with being brighter.

On the third cover, again I focused on the pose and positioning of the image, however it's too girly and pop-like. I focused on the background cover (black) and I based the colour pallet (3 colours) that I’ve used around the image. For example, the pink text goes with the pink lips. The whole page is kind of based around a triangle shape so I positioned the text around this shape. I feel that the face needs to be clear and the writing should be below the chin. Then I’d move the barcode to the right and under the banner, along with the price and issue number. Then finally, I would make the 'Sample' bigger.

Overall my two favourites are the first and third covers. I like the image and the layout of the cover lines, features etc. I would change the colours, and maybe consider using a different font.

No comments:

Post a Comment