Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Photo shoot for the final photos with Eve!


Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

These are my final photo's for my magazine (not yet edited). I took them in my local village hall so that I could use a white background. I took a total of 246 images and narrowed them down A LOT! I wanted my artist to look really up to date with fashion and to look glamorous, so I took photos in a variety of outfits. I wanted the make up to be subtle because personally I feel that if too much make up is worn, it makes it more suitable for a fashion magazine rather than music. Also because I want my artist to come across glamorous, too much make up would overpower this. I also wanted to keep the element of her background (her past/upbringing) in her look and I feel that this is the effect I've created.
I knew exactly what poses I wanted before hand, as I had researched artists with similar genres and looks to what I wanted. Then I looked at how they pose etc. Followed by then looking at a variety of music magazines and the images used inside of them. I came to the photo shoot with a list of poses I needed to get and I feel I got the exact poses I wanted.
I only used one prop (a microphone), and I'm really pleased with the turn out of those images and I'm using one for my DPS. I wanted a variety of long shots, mid shots and close ups. Other than wanting a mid shot for my front cover, I didn't have a certain decision of images I definitely wanted on the Contents and DPS and it was hard to narrow the images down. I had a variety of different poses that reflected the personality of EVE T and also her music genre. I quite like the laid back poses such as the ones with the microphone and her smiling. I like these because she isn't making eye contact with the camera and it creates a relaxed and laid back effect. It portrays that she isn't too bothered about doing modelling and perfect poses etc, and this reflects back to her upbringing, personality and style of music. I feel that the microphone image I've used in my DPS links with the article as she talks about how she wants to have fun with music. In the image she is about to sing, or already has and is smiling which helps portray her personality. Also because of the non direct eye contact, it looks as though she's engaging with other people, which makes the reader feel less intimidated by her. I think in most magazines, artists seem intimidating because of their wealth and because their famous and I think that some images used in magazines are intimidating to the reader and has an 'in your face' effect. Also I tried to create the effect that she doesn't think she's better than other people and that she is on the same level. I felt I have achieved this through the photo of her on the floor in my DPS (and where it's placed on the page). Connotations of this image are 'below, lower, look down on' etc. THEN the long shot of her looking dominant meets with the floor shot and equals it out, bringing upon the effect are equality. Then the close up image of her I feel gives the effect that the reader is getting to know her and feels close to her because of this.
I think the effect from the photos is that she's down to earth, has attitude, is on the same level as readers and is glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment