Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Monday 7 March 2011

Magazine Publisher Logo

Through research, I've found two publishers. They were quick to find and were recognised by the people I asked which speaks to me as the most popular publishers. What I found when looking at the websites was the wide range of media that the publishers brand.

IPC MEDIA
IPC MEDIA is a leading publisher in the UK. It produces over 60 media brands, an example of a magazine is NME. It targets three core audiences. These are men, mass market women and upmarket women.
The design uses letters rather than imagery to portray the publisher. I've used this too.






EMAP

Emap has been successful through on-line and off-line publications, conferences, awards, exhibitions, festivals, data and intelligence services. They cover all aspects of digital media, particually broadcasting, advertising and film. Their success is seen in the UK and Internationality.
There design uses simple letters on a bold background which stands out.

MY MAGAZINE PUBLISHER LOGO

The inspiration for my design came from my initials, followed by the idea of my target audience. My audience is aimed at men and women of a mature age, therefore I feel that, that represents a vast majority of the consumer. The circle in my logo is to represent all the target audiences/consumers that there is and it brings them together as a whole consumer. As you can see, some of the circle is chopped off by the letters ERH. This represents the target audience that I haven't appealed to with my magazine and it also supports my idea of my audience being a vast majority of the consumer as only a fraction of the circle is cut off.
I want to show attention to detail and give a reason for everything I've done for my magazine. Therefore I feel that I've not just made up any logo and stuck it on the contents page without any meaning. So that's why i brought in my target audience as part of my inspiration. Also the writing 'Media' is put directly under the ERH to therefore show that my publisher is named ERH Media. Also note that the final Logo I include on my Contents page will be more sharper and less pix-elated. The background will not be white, but clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment