Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Looking at feedback

 Some of the advice given to improve my front cover was to maybe change the image. I decided to keep the original image and just follow through the editing of making it sharper. The reason I didn't want to change the image was decided through looking at front cover images's of two Q magazines that portray the effect I want with mine. Firstly in the Florence magazine ,the image is fierce but not in your face as it's a long shot and is further back on the cover. It fits Florence perfectly, however it doesn't suit Eve T's personality. I feel if Eve has a picture similar to Florence for the front cover, she won't catch anyone's eye. This is because she's new and isn't being 'put out there'. Instead she's holding back and it will make Eve seem shy. It's won't help her on 'her road of fame' and this isn't how an artist should be promoted (unless they are well known). For example, Florence is well known AND the image is portraying a different side to her, therefore people will instantly want to buy this. Whereas if my cover is similar to this, people will not look at it twice. With the Kasabian cover, their more forward which will be easily spotted by people. It reaches out to the reader. That's what I need for Eve so that people will look at it and think 'whose that?' rather than just glancing and not bothering to buy it. Therefore you have to consider the fact she's new, so it's vital to carefully think about the pose, shot and clothing and I'm completely happy with how it is. It reflects her personality and promotes her well.
As you can see below, I've experimented a different shot (long shot) with Eve and straight away you can notice that this kind of shot doesn't work. The impression I get from it and what I think other people will get is 'who is she and why is posing like that.' This is definitely not the right impression, she needs to be welcoming yet reflect her personality too. Therefore I've chosen to stick my medium shot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment