Dance & Hip Hop Music Examples

Sunday 30 January 2011

Double Page Spread Article-Discover New Music



Hot off the press, this month’s Sample magazine is introducing a new, modern artist, Eve T who is soon-to-be hitting up the New Year charts with her dance and hip hop based music. Our nineteen year old, glamorous, Leicester lady will be releasing her single ‘Last Trick’ this year. As featured in such magazines as Q, Eve was related to artists of the likes of Katy B and Kesha. Her current music calls out to all teenagers and young adults and will definitely have a positive knock-on effect on the charts. With her 'not so gaga' fashion, yet highly up-to-date trends, she is definitely one to look out for to set out a new trend and become a model for young girls and women. Her life has been completely transformed and she quotes ‘I’m no longer living in reverse’. Constantly on-the-go Sample magazine had the chance to interrupt her fast paced lifestyle and we caught Eve in the Abbey Road Studio in London and asked a quick five questions.
1.   Tell us a bit about yourself, where you’re from and how you found your love for music for those of our readers that don’t know who you are.
Well, my full name is Eve Jessica Tipton. I grew up in Leicester living with my mum, dad, and brothers and I write and sing songs with a hip hop and dance genre. Erm I actually didn't start writing until the age of fifteen. My EX boyfriend who was a couple of years older wrote music and sang. So in all honesty, that’s the point in my life where I found my first love (pauses) for music! (laughs) So yeah, I went through stages of writing tremendous amounts of lyrics and then at other times I felt like I hadn’t written in so long. I love writing because you get in this zone and personally, it helps me to forget everything that's ever has or is bothering me. It is difficult to write and I’m grateful that I have the chance of being able to write my way into my own little 'get away' (laughs). My genre of music is partly influenced by my three older brothers and my upbringing. Being around people who love their hip hop kind of style and music, kind of wore off onto me. I also love dancing so it kind of all comes together in my music. It’s a great feeling how I can share things that I love.
2.    So what actually inspired you to make this single and what is the real meaning of the song?
After being signed by a label I spent my early days forcing myself to write songs that HAD to be perfectly polished, but there was always a part or that little edge to them that I felt was missing. As most girls do, we all discover and experience problems with the males. As I said previously, writing helps me to forget everything that has or is currently bothering me and it’s a way of letting your feelings out. I wouldn’t like to say that my last relationship inspired me to write this song because if anything, my ex was no inspiration to me! However either way, if this becomes a hit, he only has himself to blame (laughs). So basically I was just writing my feelings down and BOOM I had a song (laughs). I'm kind of portraying a number of things with this song. The title Last Trick, as in, that’s the last trick you'll pull and also Last Trick, as in, that’s the last man I’m going to let fool me around. Does that make sense? (Laughs). The rest is for you to work out! Get listening to the lyrics! There's more to what meets the eye! 
3. Certainly something to listen out for then! There’s been rumours about working with Will.I.Am, if true, what was that experience like?

I have been approached by the man himself but I don’t like to say much. I’m all about surprises (laughs).  It was absolutely amazing meeting him, I tried to stay professional when we first met but no doubt my HUGE grin gave away my frantic screams I was holding back inside! (laughs). What we’re producing is definitely something that will be big. Well I think so anyway (laughs). He and I have clicked and just get on like bread and butter. I’m saying no more! Watch this space!
4. Is the album finished yet?

No, but it’s very close to finishing. I’ve just got to really put in all the hard work in my last songs to make it perfect. I’m a bit of a perfectionist if I’m honest, plus you can’t afford to make mistakes with first impressions! One night I was up till 4 in the morning just because I couldn’t sleep. It’s definitely one of my hardest challenges because there’s so much pressure but I’m so eager to get this done. I’m so excited for you guys to hear it, I really am. It’s making me excited just thinking about it (laughs)!
5. What can we expect from you in the future?

If everything is successful I hope to have enough fans to tour, that would be more than amazing. I hope to just have fun and make music that people enjoy as much as I do. Like I said before, writing is difficult and not all of us can do it, so I want to share mine!
I want people to have as much fun as I will be!

So there we have it, teaser incites of what’s to come. Get ready for the dazzling Eve T to interrupt with new and fresh tunes. Forget POP taking up the charts and get ready for our daring, bold yet cool Miss Eve who will shift the playlists with her cutting edge music. Her single will be available on iTunes in February and of course make sure to listen out for stirring of the duo that’s yet to come...
What a great start to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment